Monday, February 27, 2017

Fischwasser







Fischwasser



A great memory on a coffee mugs and cups.
I was very glad to design and illustrate this project called Fischwasser" for my friends.
This project consisted on making an illustration of a camping site (2.36in x 2.36in) for a coffee mug.
The Illustration should be composed with a few key elements:

  • 2 Camping vans
  • 1 Tipi tent
  • Fish
  • and the river



Some pictures were given as reference, that helped a lot at the time of sketching. Composition and balance was the first priority, too many things and not much room, playing around with objects was time consuming, the goal here was to give everything space so they can be identified easily.







Disappointed with the outcome, I decided to go back sketching on paper and rethink how I could get all these elements together.


Creating a new plane or perspective was the key, then I thought like an old-school game and isometric composition alternatives.





Going back to pen and paper was the best way to play around. This is the actual sketch that I stuck with, next: vectorizing it all.






0 comments:

Post a Comment